Apr 20, 2009
I'm reading a book entitled the "Ten Commandments of Self-Esteem," by Catherine Cardinal, Ph.D. We sometimes need to be reminded to take care of ourselves too. Our father in heaven loves us and wants us to have joy.
I am not associated with this author, but I would recommend purchasing the book. It's small and won't take long to get through it.
1. "Thou Shalt Not Consort With People Who Make Thee Feel Bad About Thyself"
2. "Thou Shalt Cease Trying To Make Sense Out Of Crazy Behavior."
3. "Thou Shalt Not Keep Company With Those More Dysfunctional Than Thyself"
4. "Trust Thy Body All The Days Of Thy Life (Thy Mind Doth Fornicate With Thee).
5. "Thou Hast Permission At All Times To Say "NO," To Change Thy Mind, And To Express Thy True Feelings."
6. "What Is Not Right For Thee Is Not Right For Thy Brethren."
7. "Thou Shalt Not Give Beyond Thine Own Capacity."
8. "What Thy Brethren Think Of Thee Matterest Naught."
9. "Wherever Thou Art, Therein Also Is The Party."
10. "Thou Shalt Sing Thine Own Praises All The Days of Thy Life."
Some of these might seem self serving, but sometimes we forget to take care of ourselves first. We cannot help others unless we are whole and healthy ourselves!
Hugs & Love,