Jul 25, 2014
So I heard back. I am beside myself. My surgery is booked October 3rd. They cannot get me in any sooner due to the high number of surgeries that had to be rescheduled twice due to my surgeon's absence and the fact that she is performing no surgeries in September. I see her in person on August 8th to try to devise a better treatment plan- an adjustment in hormones...A pain plan.
I am devastated for several reasons-
1. I have been in acute pain going on 10 weeks now. My symptoms began in October of last year. I know it isn't productive but I am pissed at myself that I waited until February to admit I needed help.
2. I have to go back to teaching full time in September,and as I can barely get out of bed, I am not sure how this is possible.
3. I haven't been able to exercise, do daily household chores, or make love to my boyfriend for nearly 6 months. Now it is going to be another 3-4 months AT LEAST before I can do these things.
4. This means I will be on pain meds for over 7 months on a daily basis. This scares me maybe more than anything...I did not want this to happen. It is going to be a whole other thing getting off them by then due to the tolerance that is already growing.
This is awful. I am trying to be positive because at least now I have a date. But this means another 9 weeks of suffering. At least.
And of the disease growing. What if the damage is irreparable by then?
My hands are tied. I am in shock. I really, really thought that they would be able to do something given my history. But they made it clear- they have many, many women in my same position that have been waiting longer and have had surgeries cancelled on them twice.
Damn the Canadian health care system that does not recognize this disease as the life destroying misery it is and grant more funding so that the over 100,000 women in this country that suffer from it can get the help that they need.
I am so angry, I need to do something....But I don't know what to do. I don't know what to do.