Nov 12, 2014
I'm not taking credit for these list of symptoms. They were once posted in another forum by a former forum moderator who has since left the MedHelp family. I'm reviving it because no one seems to view the thread anymore and many people could use the reassurance for the "symptoms" they're experiencing.
Before I post it, I want to make it clear. From speaking with HIV positive individuals, when it comes to symptoms, more people had NO symptoms then to those who did. In saying so, MOST symptomatic individuals had the classes triage of symptoms: HIGH fever greater than 101 for multiple days, a body cover non itchy rash, and a terrible sore throat that almost caused dehydration due to the fact they couldn't even swallow water. THAT'S IT. So stop worrying about your symptoms because they are TERRIBLE indicators. Less than 50% of those infected experience the ARS which comes on at about 10-20 days.
Now to the post.
Recognizing that the symptoms that you are experiencing are due to anxiety rather than HIV is a first step in getting better. Below is a list of common symptoms of anxiety. More detailed information can be found in the link to the source page:
* Smothering sensations and Shortness of breath
* Racing heart, slow heart beat, palpitations
* Chest Pain
* Lump in throat & Difficulty swallowing
* Skin losing colour (blanching)
* Shaking or shivering (Visibly or internally)
* Neck & shoulder pain & numbness in face or head
* Rapid gastric emptying
* Indigestion, heartburn, constipation and diarrhea
* Symptoms of urinary tract infection
* Skin rashes
* Weakness in arms & tingling in the hands or feet
* Electric shock feeling anywhere in the body
* Dry mouth
* Fears of going mad or losing control
* Increased depression & suicidal feelings
* Symptoms like 'flu'
* Distorted vision
* Disturbed hearing
* Hormone problems
* Headaches & feelings of having a tight band around head
* Sore eyes
* Creeping or pins and needles sensations in the skin
* Increased sensitivity to light, sound, touch, and smell
* Dramatic increase in sexual feelings
* Pain in the face or jaw that resembles a toothache
* Derealisation and depersonalisation
See how almost 100% of the symptoms you're experiencing are stress related and not HIV/AIDS related?
I'm leaving one final note for all:
Getting oral sex (insertive) is absolutely NO RISK. Giving oral sex (Receptive)is only a theoretical risk. Sure, people claim that's how they're infected but only a very, very, VERY small number have ever been to documented to have been and the fact is, when people are infected via receptive oral sex, it's put into medical journals to demonstrate the medical anomaly it is. It's only when you have significant OPEN wounds in your mouth (as in large and bleeding: You would not be having oral sea) and your partner has a astronomically high viral load like in the beginning of his illness in the acute stage.
HIV is a fragile virus and it's outer shell is destroyed when exposed to changes in PH and Oxygen levels rendering it unable to infect seconds after leaving its host.
In adults, HIV is transmitted by:
Unprotected Anal/Vaginal Sex
Sharing IV drug equipment
Direct blood contact as in infected blood transfusions.
Uses condoms for vaginal and anal sex, and you will avoid HIV infection.