Oct 30, 2009
I REALLY Like rules: 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, & 8:
Rules For Being Human:
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period this time around.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time, informal school called life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant and stupid.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error; experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately "works".
4. A LESSON WILL BE REPEATED UNTIL IT IS LEARNED. A lesson will be presented to you over and over again in various forms until you have learned it. Then, and only then, can you go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned. (Every problem you encounter has a gift in its hands for you.)
6. "THERE" is no better than "HERE". When your "THERE" has become your "HERE", you will simply obtain another "THERE" that, again, looks better than your "HERE." (There is no such thing as a 'geographical cure'.)
7. Others are merely mirrors of you. YOU CANNOT LOVE OR HATE ANYTHING ABOUT ANOTHER PERSON UNLESS IT REFLECTS TO YOU SOMETHING YOU LOVE OR HATE ABOUT YOURSELF. Next time you feel the need to judge someone harshly, stop and ask yourself, "Why?".
8. What you make of your life is up to you. You already have all the tools and resources you need; what you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. The answers lie inside you. The answers to life's questions lie inside you - all you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
~ Author Unknown ~