Jan 30, 2008
HERE IS AN AFFIRMATION YOU CAN SAY TO HELP YOU CALM DOWN AND GET SOME SLEEP:
Say each statement aloud - softly - to yourself, as you read it. Saying it aloud - to yourself - makes it most effective.
- I take good care of myself;
- I am taking care of myself now as I calm myself;
- I am calming myself;
- I am soothing myself;
- I am taking control.
- I am calming and soothing myself so that I may fall into a deep and satisfying sleep;
- I now allow myself to fall into a deep and satisfying sleep;
- I now release my upset;
- I now release my fear;
- I now release my panic;
- I am letting go of my fear and panic;
- I am taking control.
- As I take control, I let all fear and panic fly away;
- I am letting go of my tension;
- I am letting go of my fears;
- I can picture a little trap door on the top of my head;
- I open this little door on the top of my head - and let all fears and panic fly away from me;
- I am releasing all fear and panic from my system;
- As I release tension, fear and panic, I am feeling more and more relaxed;
- I am letting my muscles relax;
- All the muscles in my body are relaxing;
- I am feeling more and more relaxed and I am getting sleepy;
- I am relaxing and I am feeling more and more sleepy;
- I am giving myself permission to fall asleep;
- I am giving myself permission to drift into a restful sleep;
- I am giving myself permission to fall into a deep and satisfying sleep;
- As I relax I feel myself getting more and more sleepy;
- I feel peaceful,
- I feel peaceful and relaxed,
- I am feeling very peaceful, relaxed and sleepy;
- I am feeling very sleepy;
- I am ready to fall asleep now;
- I'm almost asleep...
- I'm happy to fall asleep.....
Now at this point, you can place yourself in a beautiful, peaceful, pleasurable environment - perhaps some place where you've been in the past, some place where you have happy memories - or maybe some place you can simply imagine - like a lush tropical island, a beautiful garden on a perfect spring day - or a fairytale castle - and see yourself in that lovely, peaceful environment - experiencing a sense of peace and enjoyment .... This concludes the Affirmation
These may not work for everyone, but if I can hep just one person then I feel better for it.