All Journal Entries Journals

guestions for doctor for newbies to tx

May 05, 2012 - 5 comments

It is always preferable to have a hepatologist, a liver specialist and not simply a GI to help you with treatment. A GP is not trained in liver issues and should be the one to refer you to the specialist.

Questions for the doctor:

How experienced are you in dealing with Hep C ?
Do I need a biopsy before treatment?
How often will I be doing labs during treatment?
What is your protocol for dealing with low wbc or rbc?
What about other side effects?
How often will I be seeing you during treatment?
Who do I contact in an emergency ?
Will I be able to have copies of all my labs and tests ?
Will you be available via phone or email to answer my questions ?

Post a Comment
3060903 tn?1398565123
by Nighthawk61, Jun 29, 2012
Just what I needed today, thanks.

1669790 tn?1333662595
by flcyclist, Jun 29, 2012
Good questions OH.  A few to add to this list:

How many Hep C patients are you currently treating or treated during the last 5 years?
If I am Genotype 1, which would you recommend - either Incivek or Victrelis and why?
If the delivery of meds is delayed, do you have any reserves available to avoid missing a dose?
How often do you recommend having the Vitamin D and TSH (and other) levels checked during tx?

Avatar universal
by mik61e, Nov 18, 2012
Thanks for the good info. seems you know the right questions and alot of answers to some of mine.

4355200 tn?1354593144
by dooklebug, Dec 12, 2012
Good info.  Thanks.

317787 tn?1473358451
by Dee1956, Oct 05, 2014
Thank you for this and the list of good doctor, very helpful :)

Post a Comment