Apr 23, 2009
Hello, you people out there who might be interested.
Just wanted to let my feelings out, as I'm just sitting here, wondering about all the things that could be wrong with me.
I have found a small lump on my left testicle, which I have had for some months. It did not hurt at all to begin with, but now I have started to feel some pain (if its related to the lump or not is uncertain). The pain is in my left testicle, and continues down my leg and stops around my knee. After reading some other posts from people with similar symptoms, they often wrote about thick or hard veins near the testicle, and I feel that there are some noticable veins in my case as well.
What I have done so far:
At first I didn't do anything about the painless lump, mostly because I was studying abroad, making it more difficult to go see a doctor, as I was far from fluent in the language. When I returned home, I had an appointment with the doctor concerning a medical check needed as I want to go abroad again this fall. At that time I told the doctor about the (then painless) lump, but we couldn't seem to find it during the examination, so she said it was probably nothing. I shouldn't worry about it.
Soon, the pain started. First in my left testicle, and just very recently in my left leg as well. If the two are related or not, I'm not sure. Anyhow, I got a new appointment, and went to talk to the doctor again today. I told her that the lump was still there, and that it had started to hurt, but again we couldn't seem to find it so that she could see it (...). She again said it was probably nothing, "the body often aches sometimes if you really try hard to see if it does" (ie. I made it hurt by thinking it would), but she did say I could go get a UV-scan of my testicles. I was really happy about that. But then, it turns out, I have to wait for almost two weeks before I can get the scan (May 6th), and I feel that if something is wrong, I'm already pretty late when it comes to getting it checked and fixed.
Still, there is not much I can do about it, and just have to try and not freak out completely during the next couple of weeks. Exams are also starting these days, so this all happened at a very bad time.
My worries (beginning with the worst):
- Death (this is maybe unlikely, but you never know)
- Amputate a leg (also unlikely, but as my leg is starting to ache/become numb, it's something im worried about)
- Cancer (this is not that unlikely, but still, from what I've read, the chances seems to be there)
- Varicocele, Spermatocele, Epididymis (these aren't that serious, but can still be painful, and maybe lead to infertality)
- Another scenario is that they wont be able to find anything wrong with me, and I will just have to live with the pain
- Finally, as I mentioned before, I really want to go abroad again this fall, and if this gets in the way of that, it will ruin my life (or at least the plans I have made for it)
Finally, a thanks to those who have actually read my whole rant about how miserable I am.
Please comment if you got any advice, suggestions, or just anything to say really.
I will be sure to update as I make any progress or just have anything worth saying.