May 25, 2009
With the sun shining , buds blooming, and the longer days I am feeling the urge to get outside, run my hands and fingers in the dirt, and watch and wait for the sign of new growth with fresh green leaves pushing up . I also find that the new growth of the seeds I have planted creates a desire to increase my christian growth, my need to find the weeds I've neglected thru the lazy days of winter. The weeds represents the sins I have neglected to deal with. The sins that have interfered with my closeness to God and my family. As I attempted to weed my soul I found this set of directions for planting a garden.
A GARDEN FOR 1999
Here's what you need for your spring garden.
Plant Three Rows of Squash:
1. Squash gossip
2. Squash criticism
3. Squash indifference
Plant Seven Rows of Peas:
Plant Seven Heads of Lettuce:
1. Let us be unselfish and loyal
2. Let us be faithful to duty
3. Let us search the scripture
4. Let us not be weary in well doing
5. Let us be obedient in all things
6. Let us be truthful
7. Let us love one another
No Garden is Complete Without Turnips.
1. Turn up with a smile, even when things are difficult.
2. Turn up with determination to do your best in God's service.
After planting, May you Grow in Grace and in the kKnowledge of our
Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. ( II Peter 3: 18) and may you reap rich results.
No Author listed