Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Emphysema Community

Emphysema is a type of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) involving damage to the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatment options.
25 - 30 (of 76) questions
recently I was told I had emphysema. my doctor put me on oxygen 2L any act. and at night. they also find 21.9 x 18.1 x 5.1 millimeters i...
Having a FEV1 of 27%, twice a year I go for free checkups at a local public hospital here in Spain and see a different lung doctor every...
Hi! I was very abusive to my health until I had a very bad panic attack - fearing that I might stop breathing or my heart might stop. Fro...
In Aug - 2011, I had a Left Hilar Lymphadenopathy shown in X-ray and CT. I coughed up blood on few occasions in the morning. I was initia...
Is it possible for someone who is only 38 years old to have emphysema, or symptoms of emphysema? I do smoke (only 1 pack a day-for aroun...
Good evening. I'm currently care-taking for my 84-year-old father who was diagnosed with end-stage emphysema/COPD two years ago. At th...
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.