Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Intermittent fever never settles down Group

Hi, My father is 70 years old, He is a farmer and works in the clod areas of Gilgit Baltistan Pakistan. He has a cold cough and fever around 15 days back than soon he have some breathing issues. After consulting a cardiologist he had a chest x-ray and an echocardiogram, which concluded in a cardiomegale, a thing rim of pericardial effusion, mild LVH, Good systolic function.After having him admitted in the hospital for three days though the breathing issue has been lowered but the fever is still not settling, he has a continued fever (some times stewing as well). My doctor had asked for many testes for this eg, ANA, Heamatology test, LFTs, RFTs,Urine examination(both physical and chemical), SErology reporting(RA factor), Malaria paracite test, Ultrasound of abdomen,special biochemistry tests(c3, c4), viral Hepatitis (HBsAg, Anti CV) etc will giving negative results except ALT(SGPT) AST(SGOT) and ALK Phosphatase to be at higher end (i.e 160, 128 and 832 respectively) . My doctor has not reached to a clear diagnosis. May I request any diagnosis based on aboove given information and would you think to recommend any more tests? Appreciate an early response, Kind regards, Mazhar Ali
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.