Red burning sensation on my face

I have been suffering from mild, persistent acne for several years now and as far as I know it is hormonal. Recently I visited my GP and they prescribed to me Differin 0.1% topical cream to use in the morning, and Clyndoxyl Gel (clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide, 1%/5%,w/w) to use at night, to try and clear up my skin. Both my doctor and the pharmacist warned me that I will probably experience dry, irritated skin for the first few weeks of use. I have been using it for a few days now and the areas where I apply the medication are mainly on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin. I have yet to experienced dryness in those areas, but it is now my fourth night of using the Clyndoxyl Gel and after I applied my regular Neutrogena moisturizer I experienced an uncomfortable burning sensation around my mouth (and an odd red "ring" formed around my mouth as well), my eyes and my nostrils. I am concerned because the burning is in areas where I do not apply the medications. Does anyone else use similar products and/or are experiencing similar symptoms? What is causing this?
Also I use Cytophil gentle skin censer if that helps...
Thank you!!!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I use natural skin cleansing products to exempt myself from irritation. Looking at your case, you might have failed to follow the instructions on the proper application of such product. It seems that your experience some allergic reaction, I suggest you let your dermatologist diagnose your case.
Helpful - 0
Your skin might not  be able to adopt with the chemical products that you used. If you continue using it, it might lead to bad results. I suggest you consult your doctor and ask him/her why the chemical affect the area where you do not apply medication. Also, I would recommend you to use natural treatments which is safer compare to other chemicals.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions