loiloi... what am i dealing with?

in my 30's i noticed something very odd.... i would develop what i assumed to be a singular pimple... in my arm pit or on my chest... BUT.... they are not the regular pimples i dealt with in my teens.

its real strange to describe.... but its like a one bump...multi-headed pimple.... with four or five "heads" to it.

i get these maybe once a year.... or once every two years. once i had one right at my hair line (on my face) and now..... i have one below my lip.... i can pull the skin tight and see the "heads" to it.

they dont hurt (unlike those terrible ones i had as a teen) and although i know i shouldnt do it... they almost always have to be squeezed until bloody until anything comes out.

the one at my hair line... i tore the skin with my fingernail to get that **** out of there. (i had a biz meeting coming up and had to deal with it!)

but can you answer my question? just what in the world are these?

thanks.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I get the pimples you describe too. Although it is tempting don't squeeze them as this can lead to secondary infection, more pimples and scarring. I use ByeByeBlemish drying lotion on these singular multi-headed pimples. You apply it with a cotton bud and leave it on overnight. It smells funny but it really does dry the pimple out. Loiloi xx
Helpful - 0
thanks for your answer... however, i really wanted a more complete answer to exactly what this is and why they occur.

i believe there may be alittle more to it than just a standard "pimple" in that i didnt starting having these until my 30's... the shape of them... and its overall makeup.

its really not that big of a deal.... but as i just got one under my lip, i thought i'd jump online to see if i could find out what this is all about.

again, thank you.
Helpful - 0
Acne Rosacea can look similar to the aforementioned acne vulgaris, and the two types of acne are sometimes confused for one another. Acne Rosacea message board

Rosacea affects millions of people, most of whom are over the age of 30. It appears as a red rash which is normally confined to the cheeks, nose, forehead and chin. The redness is often accompanied by bumps, pimples, and skin blemishes. Blood vessels may also become more visible on the skin. Blackheads are not a part of rosacea. It is more prevalent in women, but often more severe when found in men. Left untreated, it can cause swelling of the nose and the growth of excess tissue, a condition called rhinophyma. Treatment is often different for rosacea than for acne, and it is important that you consult a doctor can determine if what you are experiencing is acne vulgaris or rosacea.

Got this off http://www.acne.org/types-of-acne.html
Helpful - 0
thanks for the info... i'm going now to read more about this.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions