Asperger, violence, when did yours stop?

Hi, i have a 16 yr old younger brother who has the same problems as what most of the 'asperger and violence' forums have described. Likewise, his started when puberty sat in, with all the anger management and impulsive behaviour problems. He tried killing himself and later decided that he wanted to kill our parents instead. He stores metal tools (he used to store knifes. But on one sane day last year, he surrendered them to my mum. I do not know if he has bought new ones) in his room which he doesnt allow anyone to enter. When either of my parents does something to aggravate him, sometimes he starts shouting and scolding (yes, scolding) them, sometimes he goes into his room and comes out with one of his tools. Carrying a tool with a treat and an irrational mind has lessened over the years, but it still does happen once in a while. He has been to numerous psychiatrist, tried many types of medication, but none helped. He now refuses any form of help my parents tried to get for him.
My older brother is staying in another house which is nearer to his workplace, and i study overseas (only coming back in school hols). It felt so peaceful to leave the house, although i did feel guilty.
I want to ask those who have asperger and have had violent incidences: Is there an age that it stops? Or an age where you decide to make a meaningful life?
Do we just 'wait it out' ?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hi my little brother who is 13 was diagonsed with asberges 3 weeks ago he sounds just like ur brother... we was told my little brother will have it for life but im not sure if that is for everyone of if its what the person is like... we was told not to set him off and to give him his vauled space.. hope it works out x
Helpful - 0
I dont have a large problem as stated above with violence. I do however, take things very personally.  I am not sure either if all the "violence" is due to aspergers. I know many children, as well as adults, who do not exhibit violent tendencies such as those described above. Perhaps there are other behavior issues. I wish you and your fmaily the best.
Helpful - 0
I stopped when I saw the scare on my children's faces.
Please, get counseling. Talk about your feelings...don't let things get so far out of control. Try journaling..keep trying and get up and try again anything and something until you find the way.
Helpful - 0
No, it does not stop. My ex-husband collects short time wives to abuse them and trip them of all those things that make their existence for the sake of surviving himself.

He is 45 and also alcoholic, which leads you into a comic movie or a psy hospital or like me on edge of jumping off the balcony 6 years after leaving him to the amount of damage he did in 1.5 years.
Helpful - 0
I was violent at times up until I found a medication that worked for me.
I find that medical marijuana makes me non-violent and more social, although its not a route most people are willing to go yet.
Im not the only one though who has found that this works, google "Medical Marijuana and Autism" and read up some.

I was on way too many prescription drugs before then. they had me takeing drugs because the other drugs they gave me had terrible side effects like crippling anxiety and paranoia.

Its not the right thing for everyone, but hey its just a plant, easy to tell if it works pretty quickly and much better for my sanity then the methamphetamine they had me on for a while...
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Asperger's Syndrome Community

Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
What to expect in your growing baby
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?
Autism expert Dr. Richard Graff weighs in on the vaccine-autism media scandal.
Could your home be a haven for toxins that can cause ADHD?