Ataxia Community
57 Members
Avatar universal


i have cell atrophy and I need a dr/neo in Memphis, Tn. Help?  I prefer on that knows about ataxia.
1 Responses
Avatar universal
Hi SandBow

I did   a     googlle and I see Tennesse  has Vanderbelt and University Tenn medical hospitals. 'USUALLY' these larger neuro clinics will have sub-clinics with movement disorrder  specialist, maybe not nessecarly Ataxia Specialist.
From your post mentioning the 'cell atrophy' I am presuming you have have mri and seen doctors. They should be able to help you and do referal for you, even your primary should be able to help.

Does your local hospital have a     resource office? That may be somewhere to look also.
Oh, I just googled and looks like you have the University there.
And the UT Medical Group.

It is common to have to travel a good distance to see doctors that specialize.
I hope this helps somewhat.
If you want to give a little more back ground that would be great.
Take care, Amo
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease