Is this Spinocerebellar Ataxia?

When I was 17, I had fallen asleep. Prior to waking up, my mother was giving me allergy medicine, but everytime I woke up (every 2 to 2.5 hours), I kept getting dizzier and dizzier. When I woke up, I was barely able to see, I couldn't walk, takl, hear, eat, go the bathroom, my reflexes were gone.. Over time, I have slowly gotten better (24 atm). As of now I still have gait problems, and my reactions are incredibly slow. Is this Spinocerebellar Ataxia?

-Note: I was uder an extremely high amount of stress when I was 17.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
spinocerebellar ataxia could not be caused by medications !
Helpful - 0
This was like Benedryl, not a prescribed medication.

The day before this all happened I had an cold chill, and couldn't really eat anything. The cold chill was extreme. I had a hoodie on, long sleeve shirt under that, jeans, shoes and socks; I also had a blanket covering me in a 75 degree house, and I was still cold. Later that night, I had passed out at home. before the mess in my original post had started, I had trouble running, when hadn't had any the night before.

I have never drank alcohol and have never done drugs.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Ataxia Community

Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease