Hey guys, I have been speaking a lot today with my daughter's teacher. A little information, my daughter hasn't been tested, each time I have had her on the waiting list, the day before her appointment, the insurance would drop her. I found a place that I can afford to pay out of pocket, it's still a pretty penny when you're barely making it as it is.
Now here is what is going on, as I have been speaking with my daughter's teacher, she asked me about doctor testing and I told her exactly what I said here, she was asking because there is a special need summer camp that she qualifies for other than not having a doctor signature and her teacher really believes she would benefit from it. I'm a little worried about sending her away from me for a week. However, as we were talking I didn't say anything like that, I am just in my own thought process right now. I brought up that "I've suspected autism since she was 2" her teacher said "I don't think she is autistic, I know something is defiantly going on there, but I do not think it is autism" She is the 3rd special need's teacher who has said this about her. If it isn't autism, what else could it be?
I will lay out how she is.
1. She has to have her schedule set or she isn't happy and neither is anyone else. If we leave the house, she needs to know a day in advance and I have to keep pumping her up to get her ready.
2. She doesn't fully speak, I mean she can say words and starting to put sentences together more now and she's 8. Most of the time I'm the only one who can make out what she is even saying.
3. She is 8 year's old and refuses to poop in the potty, we've tried everything I can think of.
4. When she is stuck on something she will repeat it and won't quit saying it, sometimes a month later she is still saying it until something else triggers her.
5. She is obsessed with 1 item and 1 item only, if that toy has to be washed she will pitch a fit until she has it back in her arms. She can also watch the same show over and over.
6. This one kinda goes back to #1, her sleep, 6:30 pm every night she needs her sleep. I know some kids on the rim have a hard time sleeping but her, she needs a full 12 hours of sleep or no one is getting any rest.
7. She's a mastermind, an engineer if you will. I posted the story in here when her doorknob fell off while she was closed in her room, she popped off a Barbie doll head and used it like a doorknob to get herself out.
These are the main things, I know there are other things but these are the main things. I KNOW you guys can't diagnose my child, I'm not asking for that, I'm asking if it isn't Autism, what are other things I can look into to also get her tested for? I'm still having her tested though. I also wanted to know that without any diagnose she does still have IEP at school.
If you made it through all this, I do appreciate it.