Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community
357 Members

Just not feeling right with headache and fatigue

I have had a dull headache, slight nauseous feeling and listless for several weeks.   I have no fever, but can't seem to shake the symptoms.  Strangely enough my mother is also experiencing the same feelings.   I have just retired and have a good outlook on things in life.   No depression or anxiety, my mother is happy and is 86 years young.   Loves taking care of great grandson and my dad.  I know part her energy level is age, but the headache and nauseous feeling we both have is strange.  Any ideas?
Hello and welcome to the forum.  Sorry you and your mother both are both feeling so poorly with headache and fatigue.  Seeing a doctor is always the best thing to do.  In thinking about chronic fatigue syndrome, headache and fatigue are on the list of symptoms among other things.  It's normally caused by viral infections, immune system problems or hormone issues.  That you and your mom both have this could possibly be a viral infection?  Here is information on CFS https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/chronic-fatigue-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20360490

Other things that cause the symptoms you describe are dehydration, low blood sugar, sleep disorders or anemia.  Anything like that possibly going on?