Compulsive Behaviors Forum

Smearing Feces on walls

We have an employee (unknown) who is smearing feces on the bathroom walls, management held a meeting and came up with different solutions. I believe that this is mental issue. can you give me some insight on what type of person we are looking at here?
When we see this behavior in adults it is typically in someone in a mental hospital, solitary confinement or other extreme setting.  

Do you have any clues, hunches, or more information?  We would certainly wonder who, but also why now
A member recently posted a similar post on the mental health expert forum.  In that case it was a family member.  My impression from the question and answer was that the individual must be seriously disturbed (and that they should be receiving treatment).

The behavior sounds kind of anti-social.

Good luck finding this person and helping them get treatment.
A related discussion, fecal smearing was started.
A related discussion, Adult Fecal Smearing was started.
A related discussion, feces smearing was started.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.