Dental Health Forum

Toothache/whitehead on gum

04/27/13
Today I awoke this morning with a toothache. Checking around the tooth I saw a small whitehead with a puffy like appearance. I can recall in early January my sinuses had drained from my eye into my gums on the same side and had a bad tooth pain. Is this dental? Sinuses? or both?
My initial guess is that if there's a small white head with a puffy appearance, its a fistula from a dental infection.  I would recommend seeing your dentist to verify the source of the infection and getting it treated soon.  

I think its both. First go to dentist and then to sinuses.
Aphthous ulcers usually begin with a tingling or burning sensation at the site of the future aphthous ulcer. In a few days, they often progress to form a red spot or bump, followed by an open ulcer. The aphthous ulcer appears as a white or yellow oval with an inflamed red border.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.