Colorless Skin Under Eyes

About 3 months ago I noticed that the skin under my eyes was losing its color. Over time the condition has worsened. I did have a bad case of athletes foot and jock itch and maybe after I treated it I inadvertently rubbed my eyes and the fungus spread to the area of concern. Please help and thanks!

The causes for hypopigmentation under eyes can be fungal infection, lupus, hereditary conditions like oculocerebral syndrome with hypopigmentation, oculocutaneous albinism (OCA) and few other causes.

In lupus, the patients are generally healthy and whitish skin hypopigmentations are seen in the region around the mouth (around the left eye and angles of mouth). The diagnosis is generally difficult and may be confused with other conditions. You should seek a dermatologist opinion for your condition as it is impossible to comment on the exact cause without history, examination and tests.

Take care