How do I regain lost pigment in face ???

I have a congenital patch of hypo pigmentation (lightened skin - resembling a birth mark) which takes up a large portion of my face. Because of the lack of confidence it causes me, I have been wearing derma colour camouflage make up for 5/6 years now, and apply it all over my face every time I leave the house.
However, the camouflage seems to have backfired, as the previously unaffected skin on my face has dramatically lightened in colour over the past years, and is now almost as light as the hypo-pigmented area. I am fairly confident this is not an indication of vitiligo, so am just wondering what the cause of the lightening could be, and if its reversible ? The lightening of the healthy skin has decreased my confidence further, and I'm wondering if it has been caused by lack of exposure to sunlight in a long stretch of time ?
I hope someone can help, as I can't find any information on what this could mean online. Thanks in advance!