Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.9k Members

My 4-year-old granddaughter has MRSA

My daughter gets it, as well as her husband and my grandsone, so basically, everyone in that household. Granddaughter has it the most. At this time, she is suffering from 4 places where the staph is residing. I frequently take the kids tro let my daughter sanitize their house. The grandkids come here, and we never get it. Their mother gives them the bleach baths regularly and keeps Staphaseptic on hand at all times, but granddaughter, age 4 continues to get this most horrible disease, and is always having to have the boils lanced and drained. She now gets these boils where there is no open wound. The nurse at the pediatrician's office told her mother that it is in her blood and that basically, there is no hope. It will be with her for the rest of her life. My daughter called me up crying, saying that this woman has basically signed granddaughter's death warrant, because it can kill her. Is there nothing that can be done? They always have to take antibiotics. I am worried, but being strong for my daughter's sake. I told her I would tery to find an answer here on Medhelp.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions