Avatar universal

Pink spots on foreskin - please help!

I've had this problem for a few months now...

I have what appear to be a couple of pink/very light red spots on the underside of my foreskin.  I am circumcised. They do not itch, do not really have defined borders, do not bleed or scab, show so signs of being open lesions.  They look like normal "healthy" skin, just rounded areas of lighter pinkish colored skin, and at times can be the slightest bit rough to the touch.  

I have seen a sexual health doctor who told me these were not related to any kind of STD, as that was my first thought.   They seem to react to Triamcinolone cream, and will get very faint to the point you can't really recognize them anymore after a few days of using the cream - but as soon as I stop using the cream they come back.

I've never had a problem like this before.  I am a clean, hygienic person.  I shower at least 1x a day, and wear looser clothing.  

Has anyone ever dealt with something similar to this before, or maybe have some kind of input.  Like I said, it doesn't cause physical discomfort, but is definitely something I am looking to get rid of.

2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
563773 tn?1374246539

These rashes can be due to hives in response to an allergic reaction, contact dermatitis or eczema. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

If the symptoms persist then get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
My husband has the same thing.  He finally asked the doctor about it and he gave him some kind of anti fungal cream, which worked, but like you said as soon as he stops using it, the rash or spot comes back.  He's had it for almost a year now.  Not sure if he'll go back to the doctor or not.  I know he doesn't like using the cream a couple times a day, but also doesn't like having it appear that something is wrong "down there".  Let me know if you've discovered anything else that works.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions