Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.9k Members

solution for the little bumps on the arms

My niece had those bumps on her arms for years and had tried everything the dermatologists had prescribed. Then she found out that she has a condition called dermatitis herpetiformis. It is a form of celiac disease and you need to be on a gluten free diet. It didn't take very long for her arms to clear up after she completely eliminated wheat, barley and rye, in any form from her diet. I am also on a gluten free diet because I have celiac disease. I don't have any of the skin conditions she has, and she doesn't have any of the intestinal problems I do, the treatment is the same though. They are both herititary and the diseases are related. I was told for years I had IBS, but my intestine had been ruined from eating whole wheat breads, cookies, muffins, anything with wheat. My insides are completely healed now and my nieces skin is healed up but we will need to stay on a gluten free diet for life. Her dad (my brother) also has the condition she has, but it affected his feet. The fat pads on his feet disappeared and he was walking  bone on bone. Since he's been on the gluten free diet his feet feel great and he is able to hike again. Hope this will help someone.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions