Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Tbd

After testing wait 1 min retest, sometimes theres 20 point diff. Is that common?

External User
testing my sugar
Tbd
External User
It can, depends on when you when you took the test and if you have eaten anything.  Usually, when I test, if it is high and wait about ten minutes before testing again.  Especially if I test first thing in the morning before eating.
COMMUNITY LEADER
two reasons for the difference:-
1. you are rising or dropping quickly.  You would assess this depending on when you took meds, their impact, when you last ate.
2. The meter is not 100% accurate.  There is actually a permissible amount of variation.  Some meters are better than others.   Sometimes meters will be more accurate closer to the normal range of blood sugars (70 - 140 or so) and less accurate with much higher numbers.
Tbd
External User
no