Aa
A
A
A
Close
Diabetes - Type 2 Community
3.48k Members

I need help to understand my type 2 diabetes.

I have been a pre- diabetic for 26 years. It started when I was pregnant with my first baby.  The whole time my glucose levels were low but want away after birth. Now I am 44 years old, 3 weeks ago I was told that I am type 2 diabetic with low levels (4.3), My doctor put me on metformin only  and no other drug. This is what's going on now when I exercise, clean the house, or go to work throughout the day it drops fast 100 to 70 in 22 minutes and drops more after that. I eat or drink something very sweet to get back up but don't last long and it start to drop. I need help to understand what I am doing wrong?  I an on a 2500 carb diet and I was told to eat 12 small meals a day but I feel very uncomfortable at the end of the day.
1 Responses
I'm going to assume that number of 4.3 is your A1C?  Which would be a  normal reading for someone that's not a diabetic. With that reading you shouldn't be on Metformin. When you say you're on a 2500 carb diet which is a lot of  carbs per day. Did you mean 2500 calorie diet a day? Can't commit on the calories because don't know your weight or height or BMI. But being said I personally think your daily dose of Metformin is  to much and needs to be adjusted. However you didn't say how much you take daily. Good luck.
Have an Answer?
Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333892766
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.