Rejection x's 2

I feel really dumb.  I tried to pursue this guy I thought was amazing and I think I weirded him out.  No, I know I weirded him out and now he won't talk to me.  It's been so long since I've been in a relationship, thought of being in a relationship, or wanted to have anything to do with a relationship since my last one ended in physical abuse, lying, and well ... just not good.  I just want to make friends, more than anything.  But all these guys say, "I have a girlfriend".  What do I care?  And they say, "I don't think she'd like that", meaning us hanging out.  What is wrong with hanging out with a friend that happens to be a girl?  :(  I feel unattractive, unwanted, and depressed.  I'm 23.  I want to move on with my life.  But I can't keep taking these rejections.  I've even gone so far as joining e-harmony.  I don't have a problem with sites like that, but you'd never see me actually paying for it.  But I did!  And that was rejection number one.  He was so cool.  I was really falling for him.  I know no one can do anything about this and I don't want any advice, but soothe my mind and remind me I'm not the only one that's been rejected.
You are not the only one, but maybe you are trying to hard try joing a church group or go bowling , anything to get your mind off of this  luck  jo
Trust me, I'm not trying too hard.  This is a big jump considering my history with relationships, trust, shyness, social ineptitude, etc.
Do you have girlfriends? Do you ever meet guys that are not in committed relationships? I bet the instant you quit dwelling on it, someone will walk your way. Be patient, you are still very young.

You are reading content posted in the Divorce & Breakups Community