Eye Care Community

Suffering from Malignant Myopia from childhood.

I am 25 years old, I am suffering from degenerative or malignant myopia from an age of 8 years.
Currently my prescriptions are -11D(Left) and -16D(R) with almost similar astigmatism on both eyes(-2.5D and -3D) and they are increasing so to speak.
I have researched a bit on my condition and found out that people like me are most likely not elilgible for LASIK or any other kind of refractive surgery due to very thin corneas, but then I have seen an alternate method which is Phakic IOL implant but not sure whether it corrects myopia in an actual sense or not as being a degenerative myopia patient I think the myopia progression might never stop after IOL implant.
Can anyone help me out in getting to know my condition better and also whether to opt for the Phakic IOL implant surgery as an option to get rid of my eyeglasses.