Gastroenterology Community
31.7k Members
Avatar universal

How to find VOLUME of surgeries performed by surgeon

Good Morning All,

We live in a large metropolitan area, and am trying to help my father find the best surgeon to perform Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication.

The Internet is certainly wonderful because one can research a doctor's experience, and board certifications.

Yesterday, I watched a video:

University of Maryland General/Gastrointestinal Surgery Center
Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication Procedure to Correct Acid Reflux (GERD)


Dr. Park advised that patients should look at the VOLUME of surgeries that a surgeon has performed.

Please tell me where I can find out the VOLUME of surgeons performed by a particular surgeon. This would ease my father's anxieties about surgery considerably.

Thank you all,
1 Responses
Avatar universal
Call the AMA (American Medical Association) and ask for the names of the best doctors for this in your area, and you will get the best.  Good luck to you and your father.  Take care.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem