Gastroenterology Community

I am having foamy liquid in my moutth ..sometimes projectile usually AM

I had severe shortness of breath...in 2014.. ..my oxygen levels were ok....felt like I was gasping for breath...finally I saw a pulmonologist who said I was overweight and stomach fat was pressing on a hiatal hernia..said to take Tagamet......I have 20 pounds to loose, but I had been 40 pounds heavier 2 years ago with no shortness of breath..or the problem now..which is  of foamy liquid filling my mouth while sleeping..I spit in a rag or sometimes it comes out like I vomited. ....( woman age 65 also) when I bend over, I cough and he said that was a sign of the hernia..the Tagamet does not help much and am about 20 lbs overweight..though when I was heavier, I had no problems like this! Last night I ate a Popsicle 1 hour before lying down and I had most of it come back in my throat as foamy liquid 3 hours later..I have elevated my bed as suggested  but last night I had to try to sleep sitting up....as I was coughing and burping...i am not having burning in esophagus but my stomach hurts..even after I took Tagamet mid sleep....I took ...Omeprazole 20mg this morning after I was active and it might have helped a little but my stomach is still hurting and I am drinking water but this foam in mouth happens if  I eat something an hour before bed or 5 hours before bed..I am a light eater and take meds for sleep but still am awake most of night...any help appreciated!..I am not diabetic but my stomach feels full long after I eat..I know to sit up or walk after eating,,
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem