I am concerned about the time course of the IUD insertion and the onset of the pain.
If you were my patient, I would ask you to come in for an ultrasound to be certain that the IUD is properly located in the uterus and has not perforated through the wall. Ultrasound is very nice for evaluating IUDs. It is also great for checking for ovarian cysts.
It is possible that removing the IUD would help.
On the other hand, the pain you are describing sounds like it may be musculoskeletal in nature, since it improves with walking around.
Honestly, if you were my patient, I would probably want to review a "pain diary"
and start from scratch with a very good history and physical exam IF the ultrasound was normal.
I was,just wondering, im 35 weeks and a day pregnant and have a cswction schedueled for july 14, if I was to go into lanor now would the hospital stop it or do an emergency c section
A week and a half ago I asked a question about lower left abdominal pain. You were right;it was that darn IUD! I passed some small clots today and also the little copper T as well. Guess my body didn't like it! At least I now know when I do finally have kids that I won't have any problems pushing them out (and I'm a size zero!) My body know what is right for it., so i guess it is time to listen to it!
Anyway, I'm an MLT, and I had a urine culture a couple of weeks ago that had GBS in it. Good thing I have access to the system,b/c the DR never called me back for the results. Now I know GBS can cause problems for pregnant women and their babies. Should I get another culture done before I plan on having children? I had no symptoms of A UTI but I know that GBS can grow in the intestines, vagina, and bladder. I had Strep infections a lot as a child and developed Scarlet Fever because of it. Just wondering, if I am a consistent GBS colonizer, would this put me at risk of preterm labor in the future? Would I have to get a C-section if it persists? I have the bacteria in my bladder, but it's not really causing me problems. Should I go back and see the Family medicine Dr. to get antibiotics or should I just wait it out?