I need help, this is really scaring me and my family...

I'm 35, I used to have a vivid photogenic memory, but within the last 4 years my memory has regressed severely it is at a point now that I will go shopping for the same things a few times a week because I forgot that I did it already, I can do something and within 5 minutes have already forgotten, or I could be in the middle of a conversation and I completely forget what we are talking about (this also happens a lot)  I have lost long term memory as well, like names of my best friends growing up, and even forgetting how to spell a lot of words (which I used to excel at) I say things and forget them, I don't even remember many things I did as a child, or even a few years ago. Do you know what could be going on with me? They did find a tumor on my adrenal gland, but I don't know anything, I just please need to at least get a notion of what at least I can do, or what this may be. The symptoms I have mentioned occur regularly.
You are awful young for this to be happening.  Are you under a lot of stress or sleep deprived?  I worked a night shift for a while and still had to get up with my kids, I was cognitively impaired.  Forgot things, did wacky things (do coffee maker without coffee pot under it, start slow cooker without meat in it . . .).  A brain blip is fairly common (not remembering names or wondering if you did or did not do something) but a bigger issue should be talked about with your doctor. All and all, this does not sound like it would fall within normal so I'd see a neurologist.  Let me know what happens.

You are reading content posted in the Memory Loss Community

15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area