Neurology Community

Brain Mass

Hi, my husband had a MRI done and it showed a mass on the right front superior lobe, they don't know if it is cancer or not, they told us there are to many risks involved so it's best to leave it alone. My Husband Bill told them he is willing to take these risk, so he can get his life back. He has good and bad days he has been put on a pension because he cant work anymore he is 57 years old. He gets severe headaches, memory loss, loses his balance and mood swings he is like Jeckle and Hide. They done a Lumber Puncher one doctor has they found cancer cells in fluild they took, he said we are sure it is cancer, then a other doctor that it's nothing to worry about. We don't know who is right all I know is he isn't the same Bill he use to be. At the moment he has gone into a depression he won't go anywhere and very rarely talks to us at home.
I know it's hard for you to give a proper report on him but you may have some suggestions I give the doctors over here.
Hello Dear,

Treatment for brain cancer depends on the age of the patient, the stage of the disease, the type and location of the tumor, and whether the cancer is a primary tumor or brain metastases. The treatment plan is developed by the oncology team and the patient.
Treatment involves any combination of surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy. Some tumors require several different surgical procedures, and some can be treated with radiation alone
You should consult your oncologist about the prognosis of the treatment  and hope for the best. Surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy are the major treatment categories for most brain cancers. Individual treatment plans often include a combination of these treatments. Surgical therapy attempts to remove the tumor by cutting it away from normal brain tissue. Radiation therapy attempts to destroy tumor cells by using high energy radiation focused onto the tumor. Chemotherapy attempts to destroy tumor cells using chemicals (drugs) that are designed to destroy specific types of cancer cells. All treatments attempt to spare normal brain cells.
Other treatments that may be part of some treatment plans may include hyperthermia (heat treatments), immunotherapy (immune cells directed to kill certain cancer cell types), or steroids to reduce inflammation and brain swelling. Clinical trials (treatment plans designed by scientists to try new chemicals or methods on patients) can be another way for patients to obtain treatment specifically for their cancer cell type.
The best treatment for brain cancer is designed by the team of cancer specialists in conjunction with the wishes of the patient.

Refer http://www.medicinenet.com/brain_cancer/page3.htm http://www.oncologychannel.com/braincancer/index.shtml
Best