Neurology Community

Confusion of thought.

I am male, 49. Lately ( in the last six days to be precise when I stopped getting "enough" sleep) I have been experiencing what a layman ,like myself, might call "thought-soup" i.e confusion of thought. I believe the fact that I am a multilingual person and who speaks 9 languages, three of those natively, the rest to a great level of proficiency and who was exposed to two of those since birth, merits to be mentioned.

In the two last weeks I have been getting no more than a couple of hours of bad "transatlantic-flight" sleep a day (nothing new for me in my mid 20s I could go 30 hours without sleep rather easily) due to me working on a very taxing project. Plus I am now actively using languages in which I have been active from 5 to 20 years.

Well, the thing is that I am starting to confuse languages (especially in my thought and sleep) which has me somewhat worried, becasue nothing like this has ever happened to me before.

So my question is as follows:  is it normal or not and should I see a doctor about it when I return back to the US?
Guys, here's a little correction:  using languages in which I have NOT been active from 5 to 20 years.