Neurology Community

Dizziness and TMD

I've had a range of what I'll call "neurological" symptoms progressively getting worse over the last three-four years.  The worst is near-chronic dizziness often accompanied with brain fog, speech slurring and a sense of detachment.  I've only had rotational vertigo three times.  Other symptoms include frequent nausea, headache, fatigue and nasal congestion. I also experience occasional (1-3 x week) numbness/tingling in my arms/fingers.

The last year or so I have been trying to resolve these issues. GP discovered B-12 deficiency and I am now getting injections. have seen a neurotology/ENT department at a teaching hospital and they discovered no problems with ear function.  I have had two MRI (w & w/o contrast more than a year apart) which were normal.  I was then referred to a neurologist.  Sleep deprived EEG was normal but a sleep study revealed mild sleep apnea.  I was then referred to dentist to be fit for a sleep apnea appliance when this interesting twist happened:

In the process of fitting for my appliance, the dentist was alarmed by extent of my TMD noises and x-rays.  The dentist feels that some or all of my "neurological" symptoms could be caused by severe TMD.  While anything is worthy of consideration, the price tag for their services makes me suspicious.

My neurologist does not want to see me again "until we see how the sleep appliance does."  I've only ever met his fill-in and EEG was only done once before I was referred to the dentist.  I feel like I'm being taken for a ride.  Are there other conditions I should be aware of, suggestions, or a way to know if my symptoms are TMJ-related?  Should I try to see a different specialist?