Avatar universal

I am worried as have pain each day in my face and head please can you give ideas

Hello I have had for years, but not much, mainly on left side of my face what the doctor has called Trigeminal neuralgia (TN).  But have never been sent to a  neurologist.  I have in the past used CARBAGEN TABLETS 100 MG (CARBAMAZEPINE).  Now as I am typing it has started again can feel above my right eye a pain and then later it will go, then it might be on the right had side of my head, or even the back of my head, these pains keep coming and going but have been each day lately and worried about them. As I am typing now I can feel it in my gums on left side of my face, I also can feel it on my cheek bone.  I think I can at times see a slight swelling under my cheek bone on the left side of my face recently.  I am worried in case brain tumor, I would like to know what is causing the pain, a test, is there one, what should I ask for, I am worried as its each day over the last month. Thank you for any help. Michele
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
Hi dear,
I think You should see a neurologist. It will be best for you.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease