Neurology Community

Pots Syndrome / Neuropathy / Autoimmune

I am a 23 year old female and was diagnosed with POTS syndrome two years ago. Since then, I have been to many different specialists and hospitals, and am still uncertain as to what I have. My current neurologist has not given up on me and is still doing his best to figure things out. I see an endocrinologist next week , and also see a stomach specialist as my stomach muscles are not contracting correctly. While this was initially a POTS diagnosis, since then I have had a very abnormal sweat test (only my arm pits and face sweat) which leads me to overheat massively. This suggested that I have some sort of widespread neuropathy, and my doctor said this is most likely not pots, but some sort of autonomic autoimmune neuropathy, as it has come out of the blue. Some days my pulse is still very high, somedays low. Likewise with my blood pressure. I do not faint anymore, but am always exhausted and sick. Does anyone have any similar experience with the sweat test / neuropathy / constant changes in symptoms, and intense fatigue/illness 24/7? My doctor is now just calling it autonomic neuropathy, but thinks there is an underlying disease that has yet to be diagnosed.
Thank you very much!

Hi and welcome to MedHelp

There is a forum here on MH that may have better answers for you -
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/266?personal_page_id=197028

Also I am also aware that there are other conditions that may be related to POTS as is Chiari Malformation....we have that forum too....http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/257?personal_page_id=197028

I hope you find your answers soon.