Neurology Community

Throbbing headache

I've been having a throbbing headache at the top back of my head and it feels like as if someone pressed hard on your head. Sometimes it gets very painful I can't do anything and at times have difficulty sleeping. Recently i feel nauseous during the day, but no vomitting. whenever i change posture (say from sitting upright to lying down or standing to kneeling or standing to bending) my head gets momentarily dizzy and i acutely painful.

Is this anything I should be concern about or would a couple of aspirins and a few days later, will pass?
Thank you for your question. Throbbing headache along with dizziness should be first evaluated for Migraine as this is very common. Essentially, this is associated with triggering factors like stress, noise, travelling, certain foods, streneous exercises and hormonal imbalance. I would recommend that you consult a doctor in this regard to get a precise opinion. Hope this helps.