Neurology Community

Visual distortions while reading.

I'm posting this question here as I believe it mostly resembles something neurological.

I've been having an issue for a while now and cannot find anything about it. I've seen an optometrist and they say my vision and eyes are fine, but when I read everything gets really spaced out. First I feel like I am far away from the text (sometimes it looks very fine and tiny) and then the text feels like it has long distances between words,

ex. " This is         an         example."

where 'an' is the word I am currently looking at and the spaces feel like they are meters in length sometimes more. In addition to all of this I get the feeling I'm not in my seat any more and I feel tall and wide like I'm a giant or something.

This all makes absolutely no sense to me. I've been a very active reader all my life and I'm a very healthy active 25 year old. I'm just looking for a direction, of information, or a way to describe this to my doctor so he can help.

If it's nothing to worry about then great, I can live with it, but if its a sign of something serious, I'd like to get the jump on it before it gets worse.

Thanks in advance!