A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45.2k Members
14043804 tn?1432654513

Visual distortions while reading.

I'm posting this question here as I believe it mostly resembles something neurological.

I've been having an issue for a while now and cannot find anything about it. I've seen an optometrist and they say my vision and eyes are fine, but when I read everything gets really spaced out. First I feel like I am far away from the text (sometimes it looks very fine and tiny) and then the text feels like it has long distances between words,

ex. " This is         an         example."

where 'an' is the word I am currently looking at and the spaces feel like they are meters in length sometimes more. In addition to all of this I get the feeling I'm not in my seat any more and I feel tall and wide like I'm a giant or something.

This all makes absolutely no sense to me. I've been a very active reader all my life and I'm a very healthy active 25 year old. I'm just looking for a direction, of information, or a way to describe this to my doctor so he can help.

If it's nothing to worry about then great, I can live with it, but if its a sign of something serious, I'd like to get the jump on it before it gets worse.

Thanks in advance!
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease