Avatar universal


Over the past several months my husband (41 years old) has had numerous tests ran. It all started when he went to check his blood pressure. It was high along with cholesterol, which he is now on meds for that. They also found his wbc high. He has had this checked alot, keeps going up. We finally went to a Hemo/Onco and they did bone marrow test (negative) JAK 2 (negative). Dr. also did lung x-ray which was fine. He then recommended having a colonoscopy which he did and it is fine. So we took a break from having test done because Dr. also said stress could make high wbc - which is now at 20,000. Everything was well until the other day he started having headaches (going on for over a week now) plus his arm and hand started shaking uncontrollably ( this has happened 2x now). This morning he grabbed his forehead because of a sharp shooting pain. We are so confused as to what to do next. He is so aggrevated and tired of going to the dr. Tests are expensive and since he has been told it could be stress related he is ready to quit looking for an answer. But, I can't help worrying that something is wrong and we just haven't found it yet.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
Hello. Is your father experiencing nausea, vomiting or fever? Has he recently suffered a cold? How would your father describe the headache he experiences? Your father could be suffering from either migraine attacks or sinusitis, although meningitis cannot be ruled out especially with the elevated WBC.

Is your father's blood pressure adequately controlled? If not, this could also be related to the symptoms he is experiencing.

At this point, nothing is certain. I would advise you to bring your father to a neurologist to have a proper assessment of his symptoms.
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
I have understood the clinical symptomatology.
I think possibly he has sustained a Transient Ischemic Attack.
His high blood pressure with elevated cholesterol could have been the antecedent cause for TIA.
A scan of brain would probably help in ruling out TIA.
You can consult a neurologist at earliest.
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
Please help.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1669040108
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease