Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45.2k Members

numbness in hands;severe neck, shoulder pain

My mom who is 60yrs old, is having constant and severe pain beginning in her neck and shoulders and down her arms. more pain is on her left side. she has weakness in her arms causing her not to be able to have any reach. she has a hard time bringing a cup to her mouth to take a drink. she cant feel anything in her hands which causes her to drop things a lot. I am very concerned for her health considering it has gotten worse just in the last few months. I am now staying with her because she can not do much on her own anymore. Her doctors have not done anything regarding this except give her tramadol for the pain and refer her to get x-rays of her neck shoulder and hand. Please give me some insight as to what could be her problem and possible ways to relieve her pain and discomfort. Her pain is the worst in the mornings when she wakes up. She lives in such agony everyday and we need to do something about this asap. I am looking more for some hollistic approaches rather than keep putting her on medications that will only cause more problems in the future.  We are desperate and in need of some medical professional help. I am putting my faith in you in findng us a starting point at least. Thanks
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease