Circumsize?

Mamas out there?
Anyone who is having a boy?  Are you getting your little one circumsize? Idk if should or not. Whats your guys opinion on that? Like would it hurt them if they don't?  I'm curious.  And I wanna know the right thing to do
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Honestly I'm a ftm and I'm not getting my little boy circumsized, they only issue I have heard people having is that it's harder to keep clean, but honestly I feel better not getting it done to him only because that extra skin is there for a reason, I have a few friends that did it to their little boy and in some situations the penis can grow to fill all the extra skin but if it's not there to fill in the sometimes the skin rips! This is just my opinion tho so it's really up to you
Helpful - 0
Yeah that's what I feel like too  the extra skin is there for a reason. Idk my mom keeps telling me to get my son circumsized but idk.  And my fiance says he doesn't want him circumsized.  So I'm still not sure
Helpful - 0
Well alot of people aren't going to like my opinion lol, but my opinion is that they are born that way so why take it off? I'm sorry but I just don't believe in circumcision. But I don't judge the moms who do get it. It's their child and they say what happens to their children. I personally didn't get my son circumcised and I won't with this one either. Yes, when u keep the skin on you do have to clean it, but ur not even supposed to pull it back to clean it for a long time after there born. I don't feel like it's an extra hassle to clean it, he is my son after all, and if I'm already washing the rest of his body then why not. But u r mom and u will know what's best for ur child when the time comes. Good luck
Helpful - 0
My mom and grandma told me the same thing about my son, but my husband said no. And if u ask me, he knows better than my mom and grandma do considering that he's the one with the boy part and he's the one who lived with it his whole life. So I feel like he knows best lol but idk maybe that's just me
Helpful - 0
Nice way to put that. Thanks ladies
Helpful - 0
Both of my boys have were circumsised at birth and this one will too. I left the decision up to my husband. I feel that since I don't have that body part I have no say in the matter.
Helpful - 0
Both of my boys were circumsised at birth and this one will too. I left the decision up to my husband. I feel that since I don't have that body part I have no say in the matter.
Helpful - 0
I have two boys and I'm having another and we haven't had them circumcised and won't get thus one done either. The rates of circumcisions are going down because they are finding that they are medically unnecessary.
Helpful - 0
It's all about what you think is best for you and your baby... With my son he is circumcised but was a choice his father made... I'm not a man so I wouldn't know what it would be like... I'm currently having another boy and the same will be done to him... If their father weren't here in the picture it would have been a long debate with myself...
Helpful - 0
I am expecting a girl this time but I have 2 boys and they are not circumcised. Its painful for them and it is now considered cosmetic surgery. Not necessary. And I don't believe only the dad has a say because he has that body part. Its your child too! When I told my grandparents I wasn't getting my first one circumcised my grandpa told me he isn't and he's never had any problems. His mom taught him how to clean it and its never been a problem.  
Helpful - 0
I am! Actually he'll be getting it done tomorrow morning!
Helpful - 0
I have an 8yr old son and he is circumized and I am currently 25 weeks with another boy on the way he will also get circumized. I think it plays a part when they get older. A lot of men I know wished their mom did get them circumized. My husband got it done at 5 yes old and it was very painful to him. When you get it done at birth their is no pain involved. Asked your doctor. I was told they don't have feeling down their. Its a matter if choice and my choice is to get it done.
Helpful - 0
How much is it to get it done?
Helpful - 0
Its not true they feel no pain. Watch a video of one getting circumcised or ask a parent who's been in the room. The baby screams and flails. They don't give them any pain meds. Babies do feel pain even before they are born. The way they do it looks super painful too. They cut and rip skin off. Look it up. Horrible.
Helpful - 0
At the end of the day its your choice and your baby. I have gotten my son done and 3 weeks later he was fine and it was the best decision I could have made. So its a personal choice. Some parents don't have money to pay for it becuz insurance companies feel its cosmetic. So its no right or wrong way
Helpful - 0
$150 8yrs ago not sure the price today. I go back to doctor on Nov. 14th I will ask my doctor either way he will get it done
Helpful - 0
Okay thank you.  150 is not that bad so if u can find out that would be helpful.  Thanks: )
Helpful - 0
I live in the midwest and it's commonplace for men to get circumsized here. I wanted it done, but his father is circumsized and felt very strongly that his son was (his brother wasn't and asked to have it done at 12 but as there was much more to cut off, it was more painful and longer recovery). It isn't medically necessary, it's entirely a matter of preference.
Helpful - 0
Okay I don't think I can do it.  Just look up a video and it looks so painful.  It made me cry.  What if the extra skim is there for a reason. So I'm just gonna let him be natural.  My honey can do all the cleaning
Helpful - 0
I just talking to my boyfriend about it & he said their be more problems in the long run. & that's where going to. I do with my first son & he did with his first son to.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community