Oatmeal cereal in regular milk?

Wondering if anybody uses gerber oatmeal cereal with whole milk? My 12 month old is so used to a thick shake (i say shake because i also put a small amount of peanut butter, he loves it) I'm trying to wean him off of formula because he eats regular foods (& b.c I don't get it with wic checks anymore!) When he does want a bottle (usually before naps and bedtime) I do half formula and half whole milk. In the cereal container it says to mix with breastmilk or formula. Idk if its okay to do it with whole milk ??
Well it says that because after 1 year you dont really use baby cereals or oatmeals but if you use it inside a shake you can use whole milk.
Thanks ! My bf thinks its silly to ask but you never know.
Yeah you never know its always good to ask if you arent sure. But yeah usually people dont feed their babys baby cereal after a year which is why is just says formula pr breastmilk but after a year you can use regular milk.

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community