painfully engorged! help!

First time mom, I'm so painfully engorged, my son is three days old and my milk came in very fast and a ton. He can't keep up. My midwife said it should pass in a few days. But dear Lord this hurts so bad. Other than ice packs is there anything I can do? Did anyone else have this and if so what did you do?
Try to pump some out! My newborn is 6 days old my milk came in two days ago..i was painfully engorged as well.The more you breastfeed the better you will feel if not just pump some out and freeze it.
My baby was 2 days old and the obgyn give me a pump and i got 5oz each side and i feed her off me to it really helps and to give u a time to ur self some one elase can feed.ur baby it really helps and u feel better

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community