my grandson

my grandson will be 2 in Jan. He is very bright.  He is very articculate, follows directions, helps do laundry, but will not talk.  He hears very well, what can my daughter do?  He points at things, but takes our hand to show us what he wants.  PLEASE HELP?  Thank you so much.  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I would have her ask her pediatrician what he thinks?  Did he babble as a baby?
Helpful - 0
Funny this came up... My friend, her mom, and I were having this discussion about another friend of ours whose little boy is the exact same way.... except he turned 2 in december. We all decided that the reason he does this is because he gets what he wants when he does it. Why should he have to speak if he doesnt have to? If he can get what he wants by pointing and not using words then that is much easier than speaking. So stop giving in to him and give him the encouragement to talk.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community