potty training

i have a 1 year old little boy. he will be 2 in february. he is starting to take his diaper off all the time. is this a good time to start potty training or is it to soon?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
In my personal opinion (and no way is it a professional's opinion) it's never TOO EARLY to potty train.  Every child is ready for another step in their lives at a different pace.  Your child might be ready to potty train now.  Try it and you'll see how it goes.  
Helpful - 0
I don't think it's too soon. Many people start potty train when children are before two years old. Try it!
Helpful - 0
I say give it a try. The worse that could happen is that he wont be ready and you can just try again later. Best wishes to you! :)
Helpful - 0
I would start trying if you have the will to and you think he might be ready.  My son is 2 1/2 and we have been working for about four months and he still only potties in his toilet about two times a day and has yet to poop in there!  It can be very frustrating so patience is a virtue:)  Good luck....
Helpful - 0
thanks, i will give it a try
Helpful - 0
Average age for fully potty-trained around the world is 12 months old.  Apparently there is something special about our babies, because in the USA it is 3 years old and getting closer to 4!

I think it is that there is something wrong with the information we are receiving from Pampers and Huggies.  They are brainwashing us.   It is never too young to start!

Here is how we had our daughter fully potting trained by 18 months (days/nights).  She tells us when she needs to go and now that she is 24 months, she goes all by herself!

To learn how we did it:   http://pottytrainingatoddler.blogspot.com/
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community