help

Is white spots on the brain a symptom of Parkinson's or has my mom been misdiagnosed for the past 5 years????
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm pretty sure there are several conditions that cause those white spots or calcifications -Parkinson's is one of them, but not everyone with Parkinson's has them and not everyone who has them has Parkinson's. A neurologist can tell you if the placement and number of lesions would fit a Parkinson's diagnosis, but there are many other things that diagnose Parkinson's - the brain lesions would only one finding.
Helpful - 0
I have PD and never have had white spots on the brain. I believe that is a symptom of MS which the diseases have some of the same symptoms but are treated differently.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parkinson’s Disease Community

Could our telomeres hold the key to curing cancer and preventing aging? Learn more in this article from Missouri Medicine.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Keep your bones strong and healthy for life