Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Anyone get pregnant and had an Estradiol patch?

Hi Everyone -- I have been trying to conceive for a couple of years now. After a lot of tests, etc., it has been determined that I have sub-clinical hypothyroidism and my estrogen levels are low.  This is the first month that I have worn an Estradiol patch and am just getting concerned!  I know that the best advice and words of wisdom come from those who have experienced it, so I thought that I would start here...

Is it possible that this patch can raise my Estrogen to a level that would hinder my chances at pregnancy this month? (I wear it for 10 days after I ovulate!)

Thanks!
I wore Estradiol patches - actually several of them - before getting pregnant in order to thicken my lining in preparation for conception (we did IVF).  I doubt that wearing the patch would hinder your chances - I would think it would do the opposite but I'm no medical expert.  As I said, I wore the patches for a different reason but I would think the result would be the same.  What does your doctor say?
Thank you so much! I think that I am just in that 'second-guessing' mode that makes me crazy!  I am sure that my Ob/Gyn wouldn't have prescribed me something that would hinder my chances, but I just needed to hear from someone who actually got pregnant with them!

I truly appreciate you taking the time to reply! :)
I got pregnant while using estradiol patch in preparation for an egg freeze the following month. Doc thinks the estradiol helped thicken my uterine lining which made implantation more possible for me.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.