Respiratory Disorders Community

Shortness of Breath & Slight Headache while jogging

I am 31 years old male, 5'9" & 194 lbs. Have been a smoker for last 12 years & have recently quit smoking since last 6 months. Recently about a month back, I was diagnosed with HIGH BP & my BP was around 152/100. The doctor has advised to start medication and reduce weight. Currently I am on Homeopathic Treatment and am going for morning Brisk Walks & slight jog for 30 minutes since last 3 weeks.

I am experiencing severe shortness of breath and a very slight headache / dizziness immediately after i start running. Only after 25 meters of slight jogging I am experiencing shortness of breath. Could someone tell me how to cure this (whether thru YOGA or medications) and is there anything to worry about this condition? It would be a great help.

Regards
Hi, hypertension can cause headaches, so does hypoglycemia. Is your blood pressure adequately controlled? Please go for an evaluation with your doctor. This is mandatory to assess your symptoms of breathlessness. You may need blood tests, chest X Ray and lung function tests to know what is causing your symptoms of breathlessness. Take care. Regards.  
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?