In the midst of Suboxone W/D

Not really a question, I have been on SUBs for 3 years, I tapered down to 2-3 mg and have been off of them for 10 days now. I can help someone going through this, give you HOPE and tips. This is my 4th and last attempt to get off of this (in my opinion) evil drug. Sorry I am a little bitter because I bad, uncaring, liar of a dr. I will not tell you this is easy but Ive figured out some things that make it almost bearable. I would also like people to talk to, as this process is extremely lonely, and one can tend to isolate (me, Ha, ha) This is hard for me to say, but I really need some people to talk to. Take Care everyone
hi! I'm a recovering heroine addict  I've been on suboxone for like 5months I agree it us the effing DEVIL  I want to taper my Dr. Actually said no trouble not ready it's almost like he  WANTS me hooked on it he said you haven't even really given the med. A chance to work etc. Etc. You'll need to be on it for at least a year! He actually said that are you kidding me man? I mean it's how I got started in the very beginning... Dr's. First came the vicadin then oxys  then yank! A world I never thought I'd know the heroin now suboxone I just want to be clean again I'm 36yrs. Old I feel stunted it's like I'm still 25 taking vicadin I fee like I haven't moved haven't grown no one gets it I'm lonely too. I'm here if you want to chat plus if you want we can exchange email or something  hope all is well hang in. Up all night on subs.
You are correct Suboxone is the effing DEVIL. My Dr. kept me on it for 3 years for a lortab addiction and started me on a very high dose, which I could not handle, He basically never offered me any advice on tapering. I had to do it for myself. This is the 4th time I am trying to get off Subs, but will succeed this time. He told me I would have no withdrawal jumping off at 3mg and that my w/d is all in my head. He only took cash, 100 a month, 400 first visit. In my opinion most of these drs. only care about the money Subs can make for them. If you are at a point where you are tired of Subs and want to be clean for real, I would suggest a slow taper, like go down by half every month, The longer you use it the worse it is, so I hear, Everyones w/d experience is so different and unpredictable ,I don't like to tell anyone its easy, or scare them. You just have to be strong and ready for yourself. If you have any questions please write me. I do have some tips that will ease the symptoms.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.

You are reading content posted in the SUBOXONE CLUB Group

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.